How well have you been brushing your teeth? As a habit that you should be practicing at least twice daily, would you say that you are doing an excellent job brushing your teeth? Although many people take extra care to brush their teeth correctly, they fail to remember to take care of their brush as well. Here are few hints to help you find and care for the perfect toothbrush:
– Look for a toothbrush that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance or has been approved or recommended by your dentist for constant use.
– Never share toothbrushes with other people, or cross-contaminate them with other toothbrushes.
– A good toothbrush has soft bristles and fits easily into your mouth with a brush head that is small enough to easily fit in your mouth but grand enough to reach all areas inside it.
– Older individuals or people who cannot effectively brush their teeth and gums should look into an electric toothbrush to make brushing easier.
– A toothbrush is no good if it has become contaminated, so be sure to keep your brush clean when you are not using it and replace it every 3-4 months.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Ferguson and Associates DDS for a professional cleaning, please call our dentist office at 704-786-8317. We are located in Concord, North Carolina, and Dr. Sean Ferguson and all of our wonderful team look forward to doing our best to ensure your oral health remains terrific.